Julington Creek Plantation Community Development District is a local unit of special purpose government, authorized by Chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes as amended. The District was established on August 15, 1994 by Florida Land and Water Adjudicatory Commission rule, Chapter 42-T-1.001-1.003, Florida Administrative Code, as an alternative method of planning, financing, constructing, operating, and maintaining various public improvements and community facilities within its jurisdiction. The District provides the ‘solution’ to Florida’s need to provide valuable community infrastructure generated by growth, ultimately without overburdening other governments and their taxpaying residents. Community development districts represent a major advancement in Florida’s effort to manage its growth both effectively and efficiently. This allows a community to establish higher construction standards, meanwhile providing a long-term solution to the operation and maintenance of the community’s facilities. See the State of Florida's website for more information.
The CDD is responsible maintenance of:
- Irrigation and landscaping between Racetrack Road and the sidewalk
- Community land bordering St Road 13
- Plantation Club Recreation Center
- Sports Plex by the Recreation Center
- Aquatic Complex on Durbin Creek Blvd.
- Basketball courts on Durbin Creek Blvd.
- Plantation Park on Davis Pond Rd
The JCP POA is responsible for:
- Irrigation and landscaping on common grounds within JCP
- Neighborhood entrances
- Community boundary fences
- Storm water management system and detention ponds
- Common amenities such as bike racks, pet stations, lighting (as indicated above), neighborhood playgrounds, benches, and signage
- Administering covenant compliance and enforcement issues
- Assisting homeowners with change requests to be submitted to the Architectural Review Committee